none
Update task % complete and nothing else RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project Server 2010.

All resources update the % complete of their tasks. They can, however, change other details on the tasks such as start/end date and work. Is there any way to restrict their access so that they can only update the % complete?

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you can set several colmns to read only. Open view definition in Server Settings - Manage Views.

Select fields in right column (Displayed fields) and activate check box "Make column read only". In your case for Start [Assignment] and Finish [Assignment].

Does that help?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by HFprojects Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:25 AM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can set several colmns to read only. Open view definition in Server Settings - Manage Views.

Select fields in right column (Displayed fields) and activate check box "Make column read only". In your case for Start [Assignment] and Finish [Assignment].

Does that help?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by HFprojects Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:25 AM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:17 AM
  • It makes a lot of sense and will definitely give me the solution that I need. I have a related question.

When changing the columns to read-only, it seems as if I have to set them for every category that accesses the view. This is a bit tedious and could lead to errors. Or am I missing something?

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:21 AM
  • Hi,

no, no need to do for updating for each category. This change will apply to the view, for all categories listed in Categories which access this view.

Do you have troubles for some categories?

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:26 AM