RemoteEndpoints: SharePoint is currently configured to block intranet calls RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a Cloudshare hosted version of Sharepoint 2013.  I followed the code samples in the MDSN article: "How to: Query a remote service using the web proxy in Sharepoint 2013".  When using the urls given in the code sample everything worked.  I then added a new windows server to my environment (and did not add that server to the domain which the Sharepoint  server is running on) and created a MVC/WebAPI web application on that server.  I added the new URL to the RemoteEndpoints in both the code and to the appmanifest.xml.  

If I call the endpoint direct in the IE browser the GET returns JSON correctly.

When I run the Sharepoint App (F5 from Visual Studio) I get back the error message:

SharePoint is currently configured to block intranet calls

I am not sure what to do next.  

Thanks.

HEY

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:28 PM

Answers

• This is likely a configuration issue with cloudshare, you should contact them about this issue so they can configure your environment properly.

Program Manager, Office Developer Platform.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:01 PM
  • Hi,

By design you cannot use webproxy to call intranet endpoints. Only if your webserver is internet addressable then you will be able to use webproxy to access it.

Thank you

Yina

Friday, March 1, 2013 12:04 AM

All replies

• This is likely a configuration issue with cloudshare, you should contact them about this issue so they can configure your environment properly.

Program Manager, Office Developer Platform.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:01 PM
  • Hi,

By design you cannot use webproxy to call intranet endpoints. Only if your webserver is internet addressable then you will be able to use webproxy to access it.

Thank you

Yina

Friday, March 1, 2013 12:04 AM
  • Try running these powershell commands:

$farm=get-spfarm

$farm.properties.disableintranetcalls=$false

$farm.properties.disableintranetcallsfromapps=$false

$farm.Update()

Jan Erik

• Proposed as answer by navathehutt Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:43 PM
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:29 PM
  • Prime - thanks