none
Infopath Button RRS feed

• Question

• I have 6 buttons that navigate the user to different pages on the form. Can I have the button highlight to show what page they are on? Since the button is not a field I can not put a conditional on it. Also I can seem to put a text box and button on same field.
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Dawn,

You can add a tool tip to the button to be more interactive to the user. To achieve that open InfoPath XML file in SharePoint designer and add the tool.

Regards,

Krishna

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 5:33 PM
  • Hi Dawn,

There is a method as following steps:

1. Produce an XML file that has all tooltips.

2. Store this file in SharePoint.

3. In InfoPath, connect to this XML file as an external datasource, always load it from server

4. Bind the XML fields to Rich HTML controls.

More detailed code and steps check the blog: 

InfoPath - managing lots of tooltip in your browser form

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:09 AM
  • Hi Dawn,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help other community members to find the information quickly.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, August 19, 2019 7:51 AM