none
On ribbon load - Error - GetCustomUI(String RibbonID) RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed an add-in which is perfectly working on all machine except Hungarian machines. The below error is occurring while loading the Ribbon value.

Exception details System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
       at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
       at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)
       at CMFSAddIn.Connect.GetCustomUI(String RibbonID)

Code:

Public Function GetCustomUI(ByVal RibbonID As String) As String _
      Implements Microsoft.Office.Core.IRibbonExtensibility.GetCustomUI
     Try
      Return My.Resources.Ribbon13
     Catch ex As Exception
            ErrorLog.WriteToErrorLog("Ribbon value loaded Start failed: Exception details " + ex.ToString(), "Application version " + appVersion, "Ribbon load")
     End Try
    End Function

The Ribbon13.xml file will have the below lines,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui" onLoad="OnLoad">
      <backstage>
        <button id="button1" label="Create SnapShot (CMFS)" isDefinitive="true" insertBeforeMso="FileSave" onAction="LoadFormForSnapShot"/>
        <button id="button2" label="Config Management (CMFS)" isDefinitive="true" insertBeforeMso="FileSave" onAction="LoadForm"/>
      </backstage>
    </customUI>

Could you please help me to resolve the issue in the Hungarian machines.

SomaSundaram R

• Edited by SomaSundaram R Monday, April 25, 2016 9:39 AM spelling mistake
    Monday, April 25, 2016 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi SomaSundaram R,

so with your view it looks like it happen with most of the Hungarian machines. Right

but I still have a doubt that Hungarian machine is not the reason to cause this issue.

here I think that issue is with this line only

maybe there is some format issue that cause this error.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:41 AM
  • Perfect! The "." and "," played big role here.  I fixed the issue.

From the Hungarian machines I am getting the decimal value separator as comma(,) whereas I have handled only for (.)  dot.

Thank you so much for your support and replies with your clues I found this.

SomaSundaram R

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hi SomaSundaram R,

which type of addin you are developing vsto or office addin?

can you please describe more about Hungarian machines?

how Hungarian machines are different then normal machines?

I have check your code in vsto project it is working correctly as you said it is working in other machines.

here I am not able to reproduce your issue at my side because I don't have that Hungarian machine.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:19 AM
  • This is Office add-in.

:-) I also could not reproduce the issue and could not find any difference with Hungarian machines. it is perfectly working in my development machine and also in all other domain machines. 

Do you have any idea? please suggest me.

SomaSundaram R

• Edited by SomaSundaram R Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:44 AM missing few workdings
    Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:28 AM
  • Hi SomaSundaram R,

here I have a question that how you are sure that Hungarian machine cause this issue. just because it happens in Hungarian machine? and not in any other machine.

is it causes this issue on all Hungarian machine? or just on single machine?

but it is also possible that maybe some other reason is there to cause this issue.

here I think you should try to reproduce this issue on different Hungarian machines and can also try to reproduce with ordinary machines. if it only occur in Hungarian machine then we can surely say that Hungarian machine cause this issue.

if we look at the error the we can understand that it have some format issue with string and double.

did you change anything on that machine?

because you just have 2 lines in demo code.

Regards

Deepak

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 6:48 AM
  • I have tried with 10 Hungarian machines. In that only one machine loading this perfectly. I have checked .NET Framework and office version details and few others. Everything seems to be same.

SomaSundaram R

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 7:00 AM
  • Hi SomaSundaram R,

so with your view it looks like it happen with most of the Hungarian machines. Right

but I still have a doubt that Hungarian machine is not the reason to cause this issue.

here I think that issue is with this line only

maybe there is some format issue that cause this error.

Regards

Deepak

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:41 AM
  • Perfect! The "." and "," played big role here.  I fixed the issue.

From the Hungarian machines I am getting the decimal value separator as comma(,) whereas I have handled only for (.)  dot.

Thank you so much for your support and replies with your clues I found this.

SomaSundaram R

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 2:08 PM