none
Custom field inheriting SPFieldLookUp RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I created a custom field (a drop-down) that loads all the records from a particular list in another site. I created a list that uses this custom field to select and save the values in the drop-down. The custom field inherited SPFieldText to assign the selected value of the Drop-Down to the itemFieldValue and then showing it in the respective column of the list in which it was added. Till now it worked correctly.

I tried to create a similar custom field that inherits SPFieldLookUp. My intention is, in the previous case, the value or text selected in the column will not change if its parent value (item in the list of another site) is changed. I wanted to work as similar to a LookField, thereby changing the text when the related parent value changes.

I know, that we can use the LookupWebID, LookUpField, LookUpList, etc to implement this logic. But for some reason I cannot make our how to work this.

Can anybody guide me on this?

Thanks and Regards

Satheesh

Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Friends,

Is there any way to make this functionality work? To have look up to lists across other sites.

Thanks and Regards,

Satheesh

Friday, January 20, 2012 6:40 AM