none
Verify that Excel and Com function working well and verify that Excel and VSTO (click Once) working well RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Microsoft Forum

I edited and application of com functions working with excel. 

The Com functions are edited by VB.net.

I also edited a VSTO  (click once) functions working with excel.

In part of the computers it works well in another I can see the functions but they are not respond.

In another I also cant see the functions.

How can I verify that  com function and VSTO shall work without problems.

Can I get an Advice step by step what to do.

Thank you in Advance

Eli Liviatan

• Moved by Mike Feng Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:12 AM (From:.NET Platform Architecture Development Discussions)
    Friday, November 23, 2012 6:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Eli,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Your description is very general. Would you like to post more details here?

What kind of function do you develop? 

Would you like to give us reproduce steps?

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, November 26, 2012 7:42 AM
  • Hi Eli,

>>It failed to work in all other possible computers I tried to use the VSTO (Click Once method).

Based on my understanding, your purpose is making the deploy works with clickonce on your machine, and it is a VSTO the clickonce.

Would you like to make the "failed" more specific?

Such as do you get any logs? Do you get any error messages?

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:06 AM
  • Hi Eli,

I am try to involve some other one into this case. Wait it patiently, please.

Our  managed forum is focused on break fix issues that are neither urgent, nor complex. If the issue is urgent to your business, it is recommended that you contact Microsoft Customer Spport Services(CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist you in a more efficient manner. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call. 

to obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS  

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Thank you.

Mike Feng
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:54 AM
  • Hi Eli,

After discussion, this thread is a Excel related issue, and I will move it to Excel for developers forum.

When any update, this thread will be updated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

Based on the fact that your custom solution work on some computers, but doesn't work on others, we can conclude it's software environment difference that causing this issue. However, I don't see specific and exact error in the above post.

I have two suggestions:

1. Capture Process Monitor log of Excel process. On the computers that doesn't work, I expect to see some error, failure in the log.  Download the tool from here. Share the log via Skydrive if you need help to analyze it. http://skydrive.com
    2. Please share the exact error you see, that would be helpful to diagnose the problem.

Btw, it's not clear enough what kind of solution you're running. Is it an XLL UDF addin, with Excel VSTO addin?

best regards,

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:42 AM
  • Dear Eli,

To troubleshoot the issue through live communication, you need the support ticket:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

live communication is beyond the support scope of forum. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Saturday, May 18, 2013 2:10 AM
  • Dear microsoft support , Mike and Forrest.

I returned.

I found a problem that may be is the key tosolution a problem I arised.

When I try to use the vsto functions with click once. The VBA part of my application started  a compiler of VBA.

The compiler forwarded to errors that not appears in the computer in my home. However at the office the compiler say that I have to declare a variables and not allow me to cancel this option.

It also says that he is not recognize  string functions like: Trim, Left,Right.

Why at one computer everything is oK and in another I have such a problems.

Thank you in advance for reply.

Eli

• Edited by Eli Liviatan Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:37 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 7:03 PM