none
Querying AppWeb (remote web) URL from MVC controller in SharePoint Provider Hosted Add-In RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my SharePoint Provider Hosted Add-In built on Asp.Net MVC 5, I can get the HostWeb URL through query string.

Could someone please help me to query the AppWeb (remote web) URL from controller?

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to get the app web Url, the following code for your reference.

var spContext = SharePointContextProvider.Current.GetSharePointContext(HttpContext);
    var appwebUrl=spContext.SPAppWebUrl;

If you want to get the current site URL, the following code for your reference.

var currentWebUrl = string.Format("{0}://{1}{2}{3}",
    		  System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Scheme,
    		  System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Host,
    		  System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Port == 80 ? string.Empty : ":" + System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Port,
    		  System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.ApplicationPath);

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by pointtoshare Friday, October 19, 2018 10:30 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to get the app web Url, the following code for your reference.

var spContext = SharePointContextProvider.Current.GetSharePointContext(HttpContext);
    var appwebUrl=spContext.SPAppWebUrl;

If you want to get the current site URL, the following code for your reference.

var currentWebUrl = string.Format("{0}://{1}{2}{3}",
    		  System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Scheme,
    		  System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Host,
    		  System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Port == 80 ? string.Empty : ":" + System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Port,
    		  System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.ApplicationPath);

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by pointtoshare Friday, October 19, 2018 10:30 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:49 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

I got my answer.

One additional request-

Is there any way to get the website url? i.e. the app domain url where my app is being redirected to?

Thanks. 

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:13 AM
  • Hi,

Can you provide an example for the " app domain url"?

It is not mean "SPAppWebUrl"?

Did you try to use the "currentWebUrl" in code above?

Best Regards,

Dennis

Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:05 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

Sorry, my all answers are here. Thanks a lot.

Friday, October 19, 2018 10:30 AM