none
Deploy site collection level items RRS feed

• Question

• I have a sandbox solution that deploys various elements.  Is it possible to specify the collection level site assets library during the deployment.  For example, I would like some elements to be placed in the site collection "Site Assets" or "Images" libraries when a feature is activated.

Tried using a relative reference to the collection however the deployment throws an error that the value does not fall within the expected range.
    ie. "URL=/sites/spdeveloper/siteassets/myFile.txt"

Monday, August 5, 2013 7:29 PM

All replies

• Yes of course you can. In visual studio you have a property called a module. That allows you to specify the url you need to deploy the element. 

Eg: <File Path="Style Library\CSS\custom.css" Url="CSS/custom.css" Type="GhostableInLibrary" />

No need to have the url like that since anyway you are deploying to a site collection.

_______

Visit me at http://www.malindesilva.net/

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 3:48 AM
  • Thanks Malin.

This url is deploying to my site (web) style library (which is not visible).  The Style Library is visible at the collection level but not visible at the site level.  I've tried navigating to the site level style library but receive a Not Found error in the browser.  It appears as though the solution deployment has access to it but it's not available to anyone else.

I was looking for a url that points to the collection SiteAssets library.  So in my example, /sites is the managed path, spdeveloper is the collection home site.

I have the example below that is deploying an image.  Unfortunately, I cannot find it anywhere.  It's not in the collection Style Library and again, since I cannot access the site Style Library, i cannot determine where it's located. 

<Module Name="Style" Url="Style Library/RiskWeb">
      <File Path="Style\images\RWLogo.jpg" Url="images/RWLogo.jpg" IgnoreIfAlreadyExists="True" Type="GhostableInLibrary" />
      <File Path="Style\images\RWLogo.jpg" Url="Style/images/RWLogo.jpg" />
    </Module>

I admit i'm confused by all of this.

Thanks again,

• Edited by jd_hancock Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:49 AM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:36 AM