none
SharePoint Workflow for Infopath Privacy RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question about InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint 2013 security and how to implement it.

I have a forum created in InfoPath that will collect employee data and operate on SharePoint. It's a yearly employee evaluation form.

Privacy concerns: I don't want any employees to be able to open other employees completed forms. The employee and their supervisor should be the only ones with access to their specific completed form in a SharePoint list.

I'm currently working in SharePoint Designer to create a WorkFlow that will meet these needs, but I'm unsure how. Any advice?

Monday, August 12, 2013 3:16 PM

Answers

• What you need to do is to have a workflow which is started when any item is inserted in the list.

Now this workflow is going to replace the permissoins on the item which was just inserted.

The new permissions will be set in a way that the person who submitted the form and the manager of the person can see the form (or edit). anyone else is not able to see the form.

http://spcycle.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-create-workflow-to-change-item.html

val it: unit=()

• Marked as answer by Lindali Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:00 AM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 3:47 PM
  • Hi,

In your workflow, you just need to break permissions inheritance (and remove existing permissions) for the current item and assign permissions only for current user and his manager to the item. This will ensure that only the user and its manager can access the item.

The link provided by MSDN student is nice and explains how to do this inside a SPD workflow.

Narahari

******If a post answers/helps your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and/or "Vote as Helpful*******

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:44 PM

All replies

• What you need to do is to have a workflow which is started when any item is inserted in the list.

Now this workflow is going to replace the permissoins on the item which was just inserted.

The new permissions will be set in a way that the person who submitted the form and the manager of the person can see the form (or edit). anyone else is not able to see the form.

http://spcycle.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-create-workflow-to-change-item.html

val it: unit=()

Monday, August 12, 2013 3:47 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. In creating the workflow, is there a process that can be done to eliminate manually adding each person's name to the list of those unable to see the item?

Meaning, in creating the permissions that run, I'm entering a condition that states "If Current Item: Name equals ____", which would be the person filling out the form. Then, the action would be, possibly, to create a permission that listed everyone in the company aside from that person and their supervisor that couldn't see the item? Sorry if thats confusing - is there a better way to do that?

Monday, August 12, 2013 7:38 PM
  • Hi,

In your workflow, you just need to break permissions inheritance (and remove existing permissions) for the current item and assign permissions only for current user and his manager to the item. This will ensure that only the user and its manager can access the item.

The link provided by MSDN student is nice and explains how to do this inside a SPD workflow.

Narahari

******If a post answers/helps your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and/or "Vote as Helpful*******

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:44 PM