none
Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object RRS feed

• Question

• Running into a bug where I try to import a text file. I have no problems if I copy the file to my local C:\ drive, but if the file is on the network drive I get the following message. Doesn't change if I try to use the UNC path instead of the mapped drive. I have full permissions for the network drive/folder and can copy/paste/delete the files in the shared drive folders.

Here's what the error message says:

The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object '\\UNC file path here'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. If '\\UNC file path' is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator.

I've got Access 2013, 32 bit.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 3:39 PM

Answers

• Hi w85,

Based on the error message, it seems it is related with file path or permission.

I suggest you try steps below which worked correctly as my side:

1. Enter your UNC path in File Explorer
    2. If username and password is needed, enter it and check whether you could see the files in the Folder.
    3. If you could get it from File Explorer, I suggest you copy the Folder path to File Name of the Get External Data-Text File and click Browse to select the file.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 6:14 AM