none
Event Handler on User Information List

Question

• Hi

I have been trying to add an event handler on the user information list so we can catch when a user is added to the site, i can add the event handler but it never fires. I have tested the event handler on other list and it works, has anyone else managed to add an event handler to the User Information List.

Thank´s

Jonas

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 8:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
    I am working on something like this at the moment and like you cannot get it to work. Have you made any progress?
    TIA
    Mark
    Friday, June 01, 2007 3:06 PM
  • Look at the following article: MS says that events are not fired for UserInfo list (perhaps by design)..

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa979520.aspx

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 7:27 PM
  • Thanks!
    Would be helpful for MS to change the reference to "User Information List" to keep the terminology consistent though.

Mark
    Friday, July 06, 2007 8:40 AM
  • I am also having the sae requirement and facing the same problem that event's does'nt fire for User information list".
    Ho w do we capture the event when a new user is added to sharepoint site. I want to send an email to my help desk whenever a new user is added to the site......did anyone find any solution for this??

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 8:26 PM
  • Hi,
    I am just associating a custom Event handler feature with SharePoint "User Information" list, for creating a copy of newly added user in another sharepoint custom list with the help of "ItemAdded" event handler, which will maintain user profile but it doesn't seems to fire ItemAdding event with "User Information" list.
    I have read this article: "http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa979520.aspx".
    So, can you please suggest me that how can i handle events for "User Information" list?

Thank you,
    Saurabh Kumar Singh

Friday, May 15, 2009 8:28 PM
  • It would be nice to know the answer why it has been designed this way. I would guess that the reason for no response is that there isn't a good reason for it. ie. It was designed to make it more difficult to be able to make it useful. Buy MOSS right? whatever MOSS isn't that great either--you end up having to totally customize it anyway.
    At anyrate, it sure would make life easier to have itemadded / itemadding working on the User Information List.
    • Proposed as answer by leotheram Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:04 AM
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 5:25 PM