none
Printing InfoPath 2013 form content in SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a list customized my InfoPath 2013 in SharePoint 2013. I need to print the InfoPath form and save into PDF/word. If I use window.print() method in Content Editor webpart it prints all other links, menus and contents on the window but I need to print only the content on the InfoPath form.

Could anybody help to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

Sunday, April 8, 2018 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try the following script:

<script src="/scripts/jquery-1.9.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> 

<script type="text/javascript">

$('.ms-WPHeader').hide();

$('.ms-WPBorder').css('border', 'none');

setTimeout(function() {

window.print();

}, 500);

</script>

How to add this code, please refer to:

http://thingsivefoundout.blogspot.sg/2013/10/creating-printable-infopath-form.html

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 9, 2018 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

You should open the infopath form in infopath designer and enable the print ribbon from it. 

Once its done, a print button will be shown in the infopath itself.

That works far better than hiding extra html and using window.print. 

It is advisable to create a print view as well. (in case you have hidden some data in current view)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers and upvote them if they help. Thanks & Regards, Balu

Monday, April 9, 2018 9:09 AM
  • Hi Balu,

Thanks for your replay. Would you please guide how I can display the print button on InfoPath when it is opened in SharePoint with list item?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, April 9, 2018 10:15 AM
  • Hi Dean,

Thanks fro your suggestions. Could you please guide how to implement it on a Button Click. I need to have a button to print the form.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 10:50 AM