none
How to retrive data to dropdownlist in infopath repeating table using coding Behind

Question

• Hi ,

I am having a 2 repeating table with 3 columns . In That 3 column are dropdownlist control , while form is loading i need to copy the data from one table to another how is it possible with the code behind .

Regards,

Zakeer Ahamed.S

Sunday, June 03, 2012 12:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can add the secondary data source as a repeating table but then it won't be as dropdowns. What you can do is to add drop downs to your Main data source and then connect thoose to your your secondary data source. That way you will have dropdowns for each of your three columns.

I don't know if this is what you are asking for, because I don't have the whole picture.

I have a couple of posts that handles drop downs, repeating tables and so on, hopefully there will be something there that might help you.

Blog: Married to SharePoint Twitter: @SPNiax

Sunday, June 03, 2012 8:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you explain a little bit more what the purpose is. It sounds more like that you should have the same repeating table in two places instead of copying from one to another. But I guess that is not the case :)

Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:26 PM
  • Thanks for update ,

I need the data from SharePoint list to get binded in repeating table , where the repeting table columns are all dropdown list instead of textbox, is there any way to do using infopath code behind.

Regards,

Zakeer

Sunday, June 03, 2012 7:54 PM
  • Hi,

You can add the secondary data source as a repeating table but then it won't be as dropdowns. What you can do is to add drop downs to your Main data source and then connect thoose to your your secondary data source. That way you will have dropdowns for each of your three columns.

I don't know if this is what you are asking for, because I don't have the whole picture.

I have a couple of posts that handles drop downs, repeating tables and so on, hopefully there will be something there that might help you.

Sunday, June 03, 2012 8:50 PM