none
Sharepoint 2007 email alerts not displaying in the email body of outlook 2010. RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded our organizations workstations to windows 7 and office 2010. Our server is using sharepoint 2007 wss and exchange 2007. I have sevreal alert settings to notify peoplle in the organization when certain infopath forms are submitted to the website. Previously the alert emails would display the information from the infopath form in the body of the email but, since upgrading the body of the alert email is blank. i'm sure this is a compatibility issue but not sure where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.The infopath forms were originally designed in infopath 2007. I tried opening them and republishing them with infopath 2010 but it didn't solve the problem.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, May 3, 2011 2:44 PM more admin than general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 2:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks to share your post.

For the issue, you may try to restart your alert service. Or you may misconfigure the alert template CSS to white and make the email body blank.

Could you please verify whether this is your issue? You could select all email body content by using Ctrl+A to see the contents.

Or try to reset the alert templates by running the command line below in command prompt:

stsadm -o updatealerttemplates -url http://mysite.com -filename "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\XML\alerttemplates.xml" -LCID 1033

Hope this could help you!

Leo

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, May 9, 2011 9:47 AM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks to share your post.

For the issue, you may try to restart your alert service. Or you may misconfigure the alert template CSS to white and make the email body blank.

Could you please verify whether this is your issue? You could select all email body content by using Ctrl+A to see the contents.

Or try to reset the alert templates by running the command line below in command prompt:

stsadm -o updatealerttemplates -url http://mysite.com -filename "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\XML\alerttemplates.xml" -LCID 1033

Hope this could help you!

Leo

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, May 9, 2011 9:47 AM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 8:04 AM
  • Hi, I met the same problem and not sure how to resolve it, have you gotten any solution for this issue? Thanks
    Monday, April 23, 2012 7:10 AM