Content type :and metadata managed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have content type include column type metadata managed. When  publishing a ct Receive error. Removed the collumns metada managed(taxonomy) , 

i publishin , no problem.

Will not let me publish content type containing tags?

Thanks.

mauro.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Mauros,

Managed metadata column is allowed to add to a content type read for publishing. But we need to use a managed term set since customized term set is not available outside the current site collection.

Managed term set is the term set we defined in Managed Metadata service in Central Administration > Manage service application under Application Management > managed metadata service. And custom term set, as my understanding, it the term set we defined within site collections in Site Settings > Term store management under Site Administration.

So please ensure you add the managed term set as a column in that content type.

If this didn’t help, could you please let us known what exactly error you received? Or you can check the error log in Site Settings > Content type publishing. Please ensure Content Type Hub timer job is running well so that you can get the content type publishing error logs. Or you can also check the ULS logs.

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:07 AM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:42 AM