none
any one of two approvers approve the workflow status cnaged to approved RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i designed a approval process on employee leave request

but here in leave request approval there is two approver users

1)primary approver1

2) secondary approver2 

below is the process flow :

1--employee1  requested for leave he open the new list item and fill the data

2--- primary approver1 , secondary approver2  shld receive the employee1 leave request

(for both task list will be created)

3--- primary approver1  will approve the request and workflow status  will be approved and forwared the request for HR

here in case  primary approver1  will not available  secondary approver2  will approve the request  and workflow status  will be approved and forwared the request for HR

in this case if any one of them approve  current request will be approved,

in my case  how to design a workflow

here i added aproval process to two users by parallel

and task  list created for both users  and worflow status changed to approved if both usrs approve, but i need any one of them approve , the workflow status cnaged to approved

adil

Saturday, November 30, 2013 3:33 PM

Answers

• Hi adil,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to assign a task to the Approvers group, when one of the group approve the task, the workflow status is changed to Approved. Is it right?

As your screenshot, you create the approval process with SharePoint 2010 Designer. After the operation in your screenshot, please right-click the approval action, then select ‘Properties…’, find out the ExpandGroups property, then set it to ‘No’.

Below is the screenshot about the changing.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 2, 2013 7:43 AM

All replies

• If any one of them will aprove  workflow status  will be change to Approved , how to do this

approval task delegation.

here in case  primary approver1  will not available  secondary approver2  will approve the request 

adil

Sunday, December 1, 2013 8:55 AM
  • You will have to change the completion condition of the workflow.

check this out and post if any question.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/2cd81250-1124-4d61-b78d-78e747f7fd64/parallel-approval-workflow-where-one-approval-completes-the-workflow

Amit

Sunday, December 1, 2013 4:06 PM
  • Hi adil,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to assign a task to the Approvers group, when one of the group approve the task, the workflow status is changed to Approved. Is it right?

As your screenshot, you create the approval process with SharePoint 2010 Designer. After the operation in your screenshot, please right-click the approval action, then select ‘Properties…’, find out the ExpandGroups property, then set it to ‘No’.

Below is the screenshot about the changing.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 2, 2013 7:43 AM
  • But if one of two approvers leave the company and are deleted from the approvers, list...will the status AUTOMATICALLY change to APPROVED...or will it remain IN PROGRESS bc the workflow was already running before the approver left the company?
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 1:49 PM