none
"Group Week" view of calendar does not save list of members

Question

• Hello,

I've created a new group team work site. On home page there is a group calendar. I can add a new member to it's view, however, the list is not saved.

Am I missing something?
    Monday, March 8, 2010 9:43 AM

Answers

• If you're looking for an answer, please visit my blog post here:

http://zepeda-mcmillan.blogspot.com/2011/03/displaying-default-resources-on-group.html

I just encountered the same issue, and decided to come up with a workaround until MS fixes it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thomas

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:54 PM

All replies

• You see right behavior...
    Always the Group Calendar shows Login User's Calendar as default, and there is no function to remember the added members

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 5:47 AM
  • This doesn't make much sense.. I guess.
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 9:48 AM
  • I think that make no sense in a group calendar!! It should be possible to set members, which are initially visible on show.

Daniel Schmitz
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:15 PM
  • This is goofy. If I could have shown this feature in a workspace (saving added members) everyone would have said "OK nice", now it is a "WTF, something broke".

Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:02 PM
  • I also want this feature..

What the ____ is the use of this if somebody has to add them members or resources manually everytime they open the calendar  ?

Tommy Evensen
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:00 AM
  • I'm just getting into to functionality of the group calendar and I was hoping for more.  It seems to me that a group calendar could be used to resolve scheduling conflicts which in a way it does. When you schedule a resource it can check for double bookings and in the week group view you can see resources you manually add. However when the scope is day, week or month you can only view one resource or person at a time and if you try to display a resource group it only displays the first item of the group. This is not a desirable feature. I must be overlooking something.
    Has anyone discovered how to display multiple resources on a group calendar yet?

Tom

Monday, January 17, 2011 1:07 PM
  • Nothing is visible yet...I'm surprised nobody has tried to re-code their web part yet.
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:11 PM
  • You see right behavior...
    Always the Group Calendar shows Login User's Calendar as default, and there is no function to remember the added members

Correction, we see the current behavior.

This thread is a clear indication that the current behavior is not the right behavior.
    Why would MS allow a year to pass without resolving, or even addressing, such a glaring deficiency?

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:56 PM
  • If you're looking for an answer, please visit my blog post here:

http://zepeda-mcmillan.blogspot.com/2011/03/displaying-default-resources-on-group.html

I just encountered the same issue, and decided to come up with a workaround until MS fixes it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thomas

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:54 PM
  • Very nice effort described on your blog Thomas.

Thank you.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:06 PM
  • No problem. I updated the post to include the JQuery reference. Some other folks tried to deploy the script without a reference to the JQuery.min file, which caused the script to break.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:34 PM
  • The only way I found it to avoid adding 10 people every time is to create resource group and add a group every time instead. still very counter intuitive. plus, when i switch between day and week group, it "forgets" that i was viewing a group... grrr
    Monday, August 6, 2012 3:12 AM