none
Can't create contact into specific folder using the Office 365 REST API RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using the Office 365 API to add contacts into accounts. It works except when I need to add contacts to specific Contact Folders. It returns success answer but the contact is always added to the root folder.

I'm making this request (specifying the correct contact folder id)

POST https://outlook.office365.com/api/v1.0/me/contactfolders/{contact_folder_id}/contacts

I have found some posts reporting the same bug, including a dev from MS confirming the issue.

This is a show stopper for the project, unfortunately. Can you help me?

Thanks

Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:35 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What value do you pass as a folder ID?

Anyway, the Office 365 API reference page contains the following text:

This documentation covers features that are currently in preview. For information about working with preview features, see Preview developer features on the Office 365 platform.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 5:20 AM
  • Hi Eugene,

I'm passing the value I can find in one of the items ("Id") returned by this request: 

GET https://outlook.office365.com/api/v1.0/me/contactfolders

Something like:

A9MkADQ1MjE20DzlLTQzZjctNGVmYS1iODUxLWM4ODA0M2YwNTExZAAuAAAAAAAOppntUV9MQoEq6tb7kDbyAQCdhtjgt92zRpOWCpUEZd2bAAAAAAE_AAA=
    Tried removing the "=", encoding the URI, and other things... but no luck yet.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:51 PM
  • Hi Anderson,

>>It returns success answer but the contact is always added to the root folder.<<

I am able to reproduce this issue too.

Since this issue is complex, I suggest that you contact the Office Developer Platform Team for this issue via link below:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 26, 2015 6:17 AM
  • Hi Fei,

Ok, thanks. Contacting now...

Friday, June 26, 2015 2:13 PM