none
Outlook PST file extraction RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to open outlook pst files and extract the contents to another format.  For example, a database.

I need to periodically receive pst files, extract the contents from them and store them in a database.

Outlook automation is not the best option because it prompts you to allow anonymous access before letting you process and email.  I would like no use interaction if possible.
    Friday, July 1, 2005 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi

The automation is the best way at present, what is the email source is this exchange ? If so you could look at using CDO and or if you need to extract, you can use MSACCESS and import the data from clicking Import Tables and selecting Outlook() and then confirming the folders you wish to use, I think this maybe a quick way to solve the issues.

There are tools that use MAPIX to automate with MAPI and get access to the data which dont prompt for Anonymous access. www.outlookspy.com is a good reference to start with this.

Regards   
    Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:09 AM

All replies

• I'm not aware of any way to do this.  PST files can only be opened by automating Outlook.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2005 6:35 PM
  • Hi

The automation is the best way at present, what is the email source is this exchange ? If so you could look at using CDO and or if you need to extract, you can use MSACCESS and import the data from clicking Import Tables and selecting Outlook() and then confirming the folders you wish to use, I think this maybe a quick way to solve the issues.

There are tools that use MAPIX to automate with MAPI and get access to the data which dont prompt for Anonymous access. www.outlookspy.com is a good reference to start with this.

Regards   
    Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:09 AM
  • I saw an alternet solution to create all outlook pst file backup as .eml or .msg format.. i searched over internet and found a greate website http://www.perfectemailrecovery.com where different types of outlook conversion tools available. just like as pst to eml converter and pst to msg converter .. If you want to make backup of your all pst file, you can adopt one of the solution provided by this website.

Angle

Friday, March 26, 2010 5:55 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. Is there any new alternatives in .net framework 4.0. Also, the automation allows to access emails that is currently attached to Microsoft Outlook. If I were to access emails in a given .pst file, how do I go about it. 

Thanks in advance,

Raj

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:47 PM
  • 1) If you don’t have installed MS Outlook and want to extract PST file data into other required file formats then use an automated app. I know about a tool (PCVITA PST Xtractor) that extracts Outlook emails to PDF, EML, MSG and contacts to VCF formats in BULK. It is a dependable application that has no requirement for any additional programs or scripts.

2) If MS Outlook is installed and you need to extract PST file into other format then another application (PCVITA Outlook Magic) is available here that allow extraction in more than 7 file formats. Microsoft Outlook installation is must required to do PST extraction with this application.

Monday, June 9, 2014 9:37 AM

• hello everyone, download the best software that helps to extract your Outlook PST files like all email properties, sender as well as receiver data, extract your calendar of PST to save in ICS  format,all  attachments to save separately and all contacts of PST to save in vcard that extract files in the new built new file and for more detail and  download for this software visit here: http://www.completeconverter.com/pst/extractor/

• Edited by wilson1223 Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2019 5:07 AM
  • ----------------------------------------------
    • Edited by wilson1223 Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:58 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2019 5:21 AM
  • I use free tool from CNET.
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 3:21 PM
  • If you are looking for Outlook PST Extractor then Download Outlook Attachment Extractor Software, this software helps you to extract attachments from Outlook PT files. I will recommend you to download this software from here.

More Info:- https://www.datavare.com/software/outlook-attachment-extractor.html

Thursday, November 28, 2019 7:21 AM