none
Visio App in Sharepoint - Displaying Dynamic Screentips RRS feed

• Question

• I have gotten to the point where I can go into the Visio shapesheet and enter the column field in the comments section to display the dynamic information from linked Shape Data. Everything is showing up on the page correctly; however, when I load the .vsd to Sharepoint and use the Visio App the Screentips are not displaying as expected. I have seen some instructions for adding static screentips to Visio for Sharepoint, is there another way to do this besides using the user defined cells?
    Monday, June 29, 2020 6:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I found I cannot display, add, edit screentips in Visio online, it seems the behavior is by default in Vision online.

In my opinion, how about adding comment instead of screentip?

You can access Visio for Web uservoice forum and give a feedback about adding the feature in Visio online:

https://visio.uservoice.com/forums/368199-visio-for-the-web

This is a way for users give feedbacks to Microsoft.

If my understanding about your problem is incorrect, please provide more information and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 6:32 AM
  • Hi,

I'm just following up to see if there is anything I can help. If anything is unclear with the previous information I've provided to you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 8:19 AM
  • Hello, sorry for not getting back sooner.

If it is something by design that Visio Web Access Web Parts doesn't allow custom screentips, why do the shape numbers display as screentips by default? I prefer screentips so that my drawing is not cluttered, and these screentips will show dynamic information, which is easily formulated in the shape sheet.  Will there be shapesheet features in subsequent versions of Visio and Sharepoint? Is there a way to embed the Visio 2016 Diagram into a Sharepoint 2016 page?

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 11:37 PM