none
Drop Off Library Search Configuration (Document Library Settings -- > Advanced Settings)

Question

• Hey everyone,

In my Drop Off Library, no matter how many times I set the "Allow items from this document library to appear in search results?" to Yes, it keeps reverting back to No.

Is this by default? Is anyone else having this issue?

Would appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks!

Sri

Monday, June 25, 2012 2:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Srikanth,

Have you configured custom scopes and configured search to return results only from the scoped area? Check your search settings and scopes settings and let me know.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Zakir Chougle || SharePoint Developer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please click "
    Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem, or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you

Monday, June 25, 2012 5:27 AM
  • Hi Zakir,

Thanks for your reply.

I have FAST Search running on my server.

The only place I saw scopes was under the query configuration for FAST.

I couldn't see anything that would limit searching from messing with the Drop off library.

Thanks.
    Sri

Monday, June 25, 2012 5:44 AM
  • How long does it take for the setting to revert back? Immediately? (I guess there can be some timer job)

I just change the default setting to Yes in my test environment, it has not reverted back yet.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:42 AM
  • I've just found the same thing happen. Must be a timer job, resets the "Allow items from this document library to appear in search results?" setting to NO.

I'll try and find the timer job and see if I can disable it.

Paul Griffiths - MCTS, MCITP SharePoint 2010

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 1:01 PM
  • The Content Organiser Processing timer job resets this setting on any drop off library within the given web app.

Just have to accept that you can't index these libraries. 

Paul Griffiths - MCTS, MCITP SharePoint 2010

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 3:51 PM
  • can reproduce by running the Content Organizer Processing job immediately. Thanks!
    Wednesday, July 04, 2012 5:54 AM