none
How can I close a Sharepoint Dialog which displays an APX page hosted from a different machine? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Sharepoint Site that has embedded Javascript in page. This allows me to have a "Tech Support Link" next to "Share" and "Follow". This Javascript essentially opens a dialog with the url of another site (tech support page which accesses 3rd party Web Services). I want to be able to close the dialog after the following the alert that your "Your Ticket has been logged Successfully!".

if (statusFlag == "Success")
                    this.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "ShowMessage", "alert('Your Ticket has been logged Successfully!'); document.close();", true);
                else
                    this.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "ShowMessage", "alert('An error has occurred. Please call Ex:1219\n\nMessage: " + statusMessage + "'); ", true);

The highlighted text is where I need to close the dialog. Problem is page is a standard aspx page, it doesn't contain sharepoint .js files etc.

document.close() will not work and I have tried: window.reload(); window.history.back(); window.location.href=window.location.href; nothing will work.

Does anyone have a workaround? 

Thanks.

John.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

SP Dialog framework extends the window.frameElement object, so we can use the below methods to close

a  Modal Dialog Window in Child-page.

1. window.frameElement.commonModalDialogClose(DialogResult dialogResult, Object returnVal)

2. window.frameElement.commitPopup(Object returnVal)

3. window.frameElement.cancelPopUp()

More information is here:

http://dotnetfollower.com/wordpress/2012/09/sharepoint-how-to-close-a-modal-dialog-window/#commonModalDialogClose

Best Regards,

Dennis Guo

Friday, August 30, 2013 1:51 AM
  • Hi,

Can you try with this when you want to close the popup?

Response.Write("<script type='text/javascript'>window.frameElement.commitPopup();</script>"); Response.Flush(); Response.End();

Regards,

Sharath

sharath kumart shivarama

Friday, August 30, 2013 2:35 AM
  • Hi John,

Did you try window.close(); ?

Narahari

******If a post answers/helps your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and/or "Vote as Helpful*******

Friday, August 30, 2013 5:57 AM