none
Deployment time of SharePoint hosted app takes up to 10 Minutes RRS feed

• Question

• I am writing a fair simple sp hosted app.

When i press F5 in VS 2015 the installation proccess takes somtimes up to 10 minutes. Seems to me quite a long time to be able to develop something useful this way.

The package getting deployed is not huge (8MB) so i don't see any reason this takes that long

Regards Ueli

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Ueli,

I did not mean the build time, sorry for making you confused.

What I mean is that you can install an empty app to O365 to see how long will it takes.

In my opinion, this issue can be caused by many reasons, the performance of the computer where you run Visual Studio, the network when you install the app, etc.

So I recommend to use network tools to monitor the process when installing the app in O365 from Visual Studio see if the issue is related with the network, such as fiddler to track the requests.

In the meanwhile, you can check CPU of your computer to see if it is too busy when installing the app to O365 from Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 19, 2016 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Ueli,

Seems that the performance of the Visual Studio is not so good when building the project.

What if you create an empty app project, will it take a long time too?

If it still takes a long time to build an empty app project, then we can assume that the performance of your developing machine might not be capable of running Visual Studio smoothly, in this situation, I would suggest you upgrade your hardware to improve the performance of your computer.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 4:45 AM
  • Actually it's not the build time within Visual Studio. The whole build or packaging part takes something like 5 seconds.It is the retraction / installation of the Package onto O365 which takes that long.

I really think this is rather related to O365 as today the retraction takes something like 3 minutes and the installation still 10 minutes.

Regards Ueli

• Edited by u Schwarz Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:54 PM
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:43 PM
  • Hi Ueli,

I did not mean the build time, sorry for making you confused.

What I mean is that you can install an empty app to O365 to see how long will it takes.

In my opinion, this issue can be caused by many reasons, the performance of the computer where you run Visual Studio, the network when you install the app, etc.

So I recommend to use network tools to monitor the process when installing the app in O365 from Visual Studio see if the issue is related with the network, such as fiddler to track the requests.

In the meanwhile, you can check CPU of your computer to see if it is too busy when installing the app to O365 from Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Friday, August 19, 2016 8:14 AM