I just want to know whether there is any option to modify the exsting values of Created by filed. I have 10 items in the list and would like to change the created by person name to some of them. Can any one suggest me on this? Thanks.
- Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:03 AM customization q (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
Possible only through code/powershell NOT through UI as its marked as ReadOnly, so won't be visible in EditForm.aspx.
- Proposed as answer by Anjali Ch -MSFTMicrosoft employee Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:11 PM
- Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, June 25, 2010 6:27 AM
- Proposed as answer by Anjali Ch -MSFTMicrosoft employee Friday, June 25, 2010 11:20 PM
- Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, June 28, 2010 5:31 AM
I advise you to read this article:
which may be helpful to you, though it’s about the “Created By” in Document Library.
This is simple to do.
Create a custom form and a SharePoint:FormField pointed to the field "Author". You may just want to copy a formfield that is already there and change "Title" for example to "Author". Remember to change the ID to something else though if you do that.
This will create a field that you can use to edit the created by field in the item. Only full control users will be able to edit it though; if anyone else tries to edit it then it won't save.
You can also do this for modified by (Editor).
- Proposed as answer by ChaosRaiden Friday, August 13, 2010 8:29 AM