none
The form Approval .xsn has been customized using InfoPath and may no longer be compatible with this workflow due to field changes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I made some changes in my list workflow that was used in InfoPath form.

While publishing am getting the below error.

The form Approval .xsn has been customized using InfoPath and may no longer be compatible with this workflow due to field changes.To continue using the existing form,you must first update it using InfoPath.If you no longer wish to keep your customizations,you can delete the form and a new one will be generated when the workflow is published.

How to resolve the issue.

Any help is appreciated

Regards,

Dhayanand Kalimidi

Monday, October 12, 2015 1:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Jagan,

Test in Dev Environment

First Delete Approval__x0028_2_x0029_.xsn from you list workflow by using sharepoint designer.

Then save-->Check for errors-->publish.

Regards,

Dhayanand Kalimidi

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you added task form fields (it is on the right section of the change single task page in SharePoint Designer)?

If yes, please add these fields to the form, especially those fields set as not allowed to be blank. Then try to publish the form again.

Please try to go through every individual screen of the workflow editing process, save and publish it. Then test whether the issue occurs.

Please clear SPD cache. About how to clear SPD cache for your reference:

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/sagarp/how-to-clear-your-sharepoint-designer-20102013-cache/

And it would be better if you can provide more details and screenshots about how you configured the workflow and customized it in InfoPath form. We will try to reproduce your issue and try to resolve it.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:37 AM
  • Hi Dean,

I'm also getting same issue "The form Approval__x0028_2_x0029_.xsn has been customized using InfoPath and may no longer be compatible with this workflow due to field changes.To continue using the existing form,you must first update it using InfoPath.If you no longer wish to keep your customizations,you can delete the form and a new  one will be generated when the workflow is published."

I have followed your steps to clear the cache in SPD. But still problem persist.

I have moved site collection from dev environment to production environment. Task Workflow able to run successfully. But when i tried to modify workflow in production , not able to publish the workflow. Under Form section in SPD its hsowing '*' symbol 'Approval__x0028_2_x0029_.xsn*' .

I have published once again in InfoPath and but no result.

Please provide the solution to publish in workflow.

Advance Thanks,

Jagan

SharePoint student

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:38 AM
  • Hi JaganInfo,

If you haven't made any customization to the Approval form (if its OOTB form) you can always delete the form and publish the workflow. A new OOTB approval form will be created after you publish.

If you have made any customization to the approval form.

- Open the approval form

-Click on quick publish on the top

- it will ask you to save the form. Save it to local machine.

- Publish from there

Then you will be able to publish the workflow. 

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by techieplaya Monday, August 1, 2016 4:48 PM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 6:53 PM
  • By the way you always be asked to publish the task form if you make changes to the workflow even if you don't certainly modify anything in the task form. So you will have to publish the approval task form before you publish the worklfow
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 6:56 PM
  • Hi Jagan,

Did you try to go through every individual screen of the workflow editing process, save and publish it? Then test whether the issue occurs.

Here are several posts with similar issue for your reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/52a30356-d680-41ae-b179-0938eb9101a5/approval-process-form-marked-as-needs-update?forum=sharepointcustomizationprevious

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/sharepoint/en-US/1c913fdb-fde8-4112-9222-9f23eb973a75/task-pending-changing-email-to-current-taskassigned-to

As ViviSP said, you can try to customize a new OOB form and use quick publish to publish the custom form.

Feel freely to reply if there is any update.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 15, 2015 9:00 AM
  • Hi Jagan,

Test in Dev Environment

First Delete Approval__x0028_2_x0029_.xsn from you list workflow by using sharepoint designer.

Then save-->Check for errors-->publish.

Regards,

Dhayanand Kalimidi

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 1:49 PM
  • Hi JaganInfo,

If you haven't made any customization to the Approval form (if its OOTB form) you can always delete the form and publish the workflow. A new OOTB approval form will be created after you publish.

If you have made any customization to the approval form.

- Open the approval form

-Click on quick publish on the top

- it will ask you to save the form. Save it to local machine.

- Publish from there

Then you will be able to publish the workflow. 

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks

This helped me.
    Monday, August 1, 2016 4:48 PM