none
How can I turn this Error off RRS feed

• Question

• Everyone,

I am using MS Access 2016 and trying to send en email out when an error occurs.  I have went into the Options of Outlook and set it according to the documentation.  Yet, I am still getting the error, see attached.

Anything else I should be doing?  I would appreciate any assistance.  Thanx 

Jerry

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:38 PM

All replies

• Also, it seems like I have to have the Outlook Email Client open for this to work.  Can I get this to run without have the email client open?  Can I start the client, send the message and then close the client using VBA?  Any input would be great.  Thanx in advance.

Jerry

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:46 PM
  • You need to install any antivirus software on the machine. Only in this case you may avoid security prompts from being displayed. 

Also you may consider the following ways:

1. Using a low-level API on which Outlook is based on and which doesn't trigger security prompts - Extended MAPI. Or just use any third-party wrappers around this API such as Redemption. 

2. Use the Outlook Security Manager component which allows turning off and on security prompts dynamically when you need it, so you can wrap a piece of your code where it requires to avoid such dialogs.

3. Set up a group policy and assign it to users.

You may find the How to stop the Outlook “A program is trying to access” pop-up messages article helpful.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:51 PM