none
restrict the sharepoint workflow task to submit second time RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• What workflow template are you using? Is it your own custom workflow? A properly designed task form should check the status of the task so as to disable 'submit' button if the task has been completed.
    Monday, April 13, 2009 1:39 PM
  • Hi Frank,

Its the state machine workflow and I am customizing the taskEdit form in sharepoint designer.

Goud
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:49 PM
  • Hello,

Based on my experience, the issue is very possibly caused by the following reason:

When we try passing the Query Parameter Name as ID to the .aspx Page (which itself is the record in the document Library); MOSS gets confused which the ID is for: the document in the document library or the ID of the list item which we need to update using this .aspx page. MOSS has its own variable named ID which it uses to identify documents/pages on the server.

I don’t know the details of your customization, but the error usually happens if trying to update the item stored in SharePoint Custom list through a .aspx page.

To fix this issue, please change the name of the queryString parameter (ID) which passes the ListItemId in the .ASPX page stored in the document library to any other name (example: newrecord) except the reserved word

ID, for example: Change from "?ID=1" to "?newrecord=1".

Thanks. If I misunderstood anything, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Lionel

Friday, April 17, 2009 8:43 AM
  • Hi Lionel,

Will it help to my requiement like: If two users open the same task then. If the user who first submit the task then it would be restricted to other user who already opened the task. I mean I want to restrict to the task for a single user.How to handle this. Any idea. Any way thank you for your reply.

I am getting the following error while the task already submited by one user is again submitted by other user:
    No item exists at http://crimsonl-50bba0/socialservices/Lists/Tasks/EditForm.aspx?ID=3374&Source=http://crimsonl-50bba0/socialservices/Lists/Tasks/active.aspx.  It may have been deleted or renamed by another user.

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

Regards,
    Manoj
    Goud
    Friday, April 17, 2009 9:03 AM
  • Hello,

I agree with Frank that a correctly designed workflow will hide the modification option after the accomplishment. Please refer to the following sample:

Creating State Machine Workflows using SharePoint Designer 2007: Addendum

http://coredotnet.blogspot.com/2008/04/creating-state-machine-workflows-using.html

Check if the general steps created in this example are all created in your case. Especially if the workflow is correctly finished in the end.

Please let us know your logic of SPD workflow if it doesn’t resolve the issue. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Lionel

Friday, April 17, 2009 9:24 AM