none
IIS6 SMTP emails disappearing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am told that issues with the IIS SMTP Server can be posted to this forum.

I am running the IIS6 SMTP server on the back end of my application to send emails generated by the application to users e.g. forgotten password. This worked for a couple of years but a few weeks ago, the emails stopped being received. They disappear from the pickup folder but do not appear in the Queue or BadMail folder. The SMTPSVC1 log doesn't show an error message, just the normal messages for an email being sent, but the emails are never received. They are not in the junk mail folder of my email client. As far as I am aware, I haven't made any changes to the server. Windows Updates history tell me that I have no updates installed so it can't be an issue brought about by a Windows update. The server is running Windows Server 2016 Datacenter on an AWS cloud server. How do I diagnose this problem?

Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:09 PM

All replies

• So what does your SMTP log actually show does it show the email being sent to the Target Server ? it may the target server are treating you email as SPAM or suspect and not delivering them

Cheers
    Glen

Thursday, September 5, 2019 11:40 PM