none
SharePoint 2013 Workflow - Assign a task overdue email CC RRS feed

• Question

• In SharePoint designer the action of "Assign a task" has the option to send an overdue email, but the option itself does not have the property for CC in the email.

My list has a people/group column for the Head of Department and I would like to CC them if the task is overdue.

Any ideas on the easiest solution to add a CC for the overdue email?

Michéle Johl

Monday, April 13, 2015 7:50 AM

Answers

• Hello Michéle,

you might need to use the Email action to have CC option. In the below steps, uncheck "Wait for Task completion" in the Assign a Task activity so that it will create a task and proceed further. In next step we will check for the task status and send emails everyday  or what ever the interval you want. Disadvantage with this is even if task get completed within a day, it might not proceed to next step.

My Blog- http://www.sharepoint-journey.com|
    If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful

• Marked as answer by Michéle Johl Monday, April 13, 2015 10:03 AM
    Monday, April 13, 2015 8:27 AM
  • Hi Devendra,

The solution could work, I would however add a check to see if the due date is greater than today() for the overdue email. The loop also needs to be "not equals". 

This is what i have done based on your suggestion:

It is messy, but I suppose it will have to do for now.

Michéle Johl

Monday, April 13, 2015 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hello Michéle,

you might need to use the Email action to have CC option. In the below steps, uncheck "Wait for Task completion" in the Assign a Task activity so that it will create a task and proceed further. In next step we will check for the task status and send emails everyday  or what ever the interval you want. Disadvantage with this is even if task get completed within a day, it might not proceed to next step.

My Blog- http://www.sharepoint-journey.com|
    If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful

Monday, April 13, 2015 8:27 AM
  • Hi Devendra,

The solution could work, I would however add a check to see if the due date is greater than today() for the overdue email. The loop also needs to be "not equals". 

This is what i have done based on your suggestion:

It is messy, but I suppose it will have to do for now.

Michéle Johl

Monday, April 13, 2015 10:02 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks For your sharing.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 8, 2015 10:44 AM
  • Hi Michele,

Using the above method, the workflow status wont be updated for 4 hrs even after the task is completed as it will be struck in the pause actions. Isn't it? I don't understand why Microsoft removed the option to CC a person for emails. :(

• Edited by ViviSP Monday, February 22, 2016 4:34 PM
    Monday, February 22, 2016 4:34 PM
  • Also the email will be sent only once because the "OverDue Email sent" will be Yes after sending an email once.

• Edited by ViviSP Monday, February 22, 2016 6:02 PM
    Monday, February 22, 2016 6:02 PM