none
How to calculate fields based on the value entered and sum the total score? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All, I have a form(refer attachment)

1. We should allow user to enter only one field that is either no relevance(zero), or some relevance(1) or almost met (2) or fully met(3). any one of the fields not two or more.

2. once user enter the value, we should multiply the entered value and store it into "score" field.

3. Finally we have sum the total score for all the fields.

Please guide me how can i achieve this.

Regards,

Ramanjjilu Naidu

• Edited by Rama Naidu Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:04 AM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Per my understanding, you want to apply this table in an InfoPath form. This requirement is not achievable with InfoPath due to the following reasons:

1. InfoPath formulas are based on controls which are related to list columns. You cannot add a control in every row and fill different values in the controls. 

2. You can use rules in InfoPath form to display a message for validation, but it will not prevent users from filling in more than one of the four fields. 

I would suggest you use Excel as a replacement. It will be more convenient to use formula in Excel. As an instance, you can use a choice column to ensure that only one choice is selected for your first requirement. 

If I have misunderstood your requirement, please update with detailed information.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 16, 2019 1:38 AM