none
Problem with Expression Builder RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem using the expression builder.  I have used it in the past, but now I have a DB that it will not work on.

If I use loaded forms, it doesn't show any forms, even though I know the desired form is open.  I use All Forms it shows the first form I  opened on startup, but not the form I am after, even though I know it is open.  Any help?

Sunday, June 16, 2019 3:03 PM

All replies

• How was the form opened?  Just by double-clicking it in the navigation pane, or by code?  If it was opened by code, could we see the code that opened it, please?

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Sunday, June 16, 2019 6:07 PM
  • Dirk,

It was opened using a command button on a form.  Code Follows:

Private Sub ReportMenu_Click()

DoCmd.OpenForm "ReportMenu"

End Sub

Sunday, June 16, 2019 6:20 PM
  • That's peculiar.  Does this happen no matter what forms you have open, in this database?

Can you perhaps send me a cut-down copy of your database, containing just the elements necessary to demonstrate the problem?  You can get my e-mail address from my website, which is posted in my signature and in my forum profile.  Or you could post it on a file-sharing service such as OneDrive or Dropbox, and post/e-mail me the link.

Probably it's something simple I'm not thinking of, but hopefully I can spot it when I look at the actual database.

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Sunday, June 16, 2019 7:11 PM
  • Dirk,

My name is Tom.  You have helped me so much in the past, thanks so much for your input.  I think I am on the track to figuring it out.  I think it is related to a cross tab query in the mixture that is not correct.  I think there is something in the Query Parameters and/or the Column Headings that is causing the problem.

I don't want to trouble/bore you with my inept efforts, but thanks so much for the offer.  I may take you up on your offer if I have no clue!

This is again a DB that I Inherited and am dealing with it.

• Edited by tkosel Sunday, June 16, 2019 10:06 PM
    Sunday, June 16, 2019 10:04 PM