none
Why Sharepoint 2010 approval task was cancelled automatically by system account if it was overdue? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I did a test workflow with a approval task on a test list. It worked very well. After the task was overdue, system sent mail notification every day. The task was not marked as completed. This is what I want.

But in a production workflow, Approval task was cancelled automatically by system account when it's overdue. No logs in workflow history. I'm wondering why it's difficult. I did make some changes on the behavior of task but most of changes are email notifications. Anyone met this problem? or share me any possibilities. Thanks a lot!

Thanks

George

Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:08 AM

Answers

• Goerge,

I see the task is getting assigned to two people here. The first person has approved and it is the second person task which is getting canceled after due date.

I would again check the second person availability in the company. I also notice a grey presence box for the second person(Which could be offline or presence unknown). Please check. I might be wrong also. But doesn't hurt to check again.

Also does your workflow history gives any information of what happened? You can log some variable:completionreason and some other status fields in the "When a Task Expires" (Above Email task notification step in the picture) step to see some information.

Thanks

Thursday, October 15, 2015 1:40 PM

All replies

• Hi George, From when did it started to happen? Do you have a valid user "To" & "CC" fields of the email that gets sent when the task is overdue? Also can pls log some message in task overdue step and see if workflow is going to that step or not? Thanks
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 3:01 AM
  • Thank you for your response. I added 7 days to today and output it to a variable. Command in SP designer is this.

Add 7 days to To(Output to Variable: customedue )

Start OT HR Approval process on Current Item with Liu, George

Due date for task process I set it to the variable customedue.

On exact 12:00AM, due day, the task was cancelled by system operactor.

I confirm user "To" & "CC" are valid since user had received mail notification when task assigned and overdue.

Here is the "When a task expires" part of task (change the behavior of a single task). I changed only the mail notification.

Looking forward to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Thursday, October 15, 2015 4:46 AM
  • Goerge,

I see the task is getting assigned to two people here. The first person has approved and it is the second person task which is getting canceled after due date.

I would again check the second person availability in the company. I also notice a grey presence box for the second person(Which could be offline or presence unknown). Please check. I might be wrong also. But doesn't hurt to check again.

Also does your workflow history gives any information of what happened? You can log some variable:completionreason and some other status fields in the "When a Task Expires" (Above Email task notification step in the picture) step to see some information.

Thanks

Thursday, October 15, 2015 1:40 PM
  • Have you find any solution? I am facing same issue, if tasks overdue, it gets cancelled/deleted automatically. I am using  SharePoint 2013 on premise, workflow manager 1 & Visual studio 2013 for workflow.
    • Edited by Appasaheb.Kapase Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:12 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Loles24 Saturday, January 20, 2018 10:52 PM
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 9:59 AM
  • Hi,

Was there a solution for this? I'm running into the same problem where a task would get cancelled after hitting the Due Date.

Thanks,

B.

Monday, April 2, 2018 6:39 PM
  • Same here, was this never answered? This is VERY frustrating
    Wednesday, April 18, 2018 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

We recently encounter the same issue. Have you ever figured this out?

Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:23 PM