none
Visio 2013 - Backstage: Can not display button before idMSO FileSave RRS feed

• Question

• <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui" onLoad="OnLoad">
      <backstage>
        <button id="button1" label="Create SnapShot (CMFS)" isDefinitive="true" insertBeforeMso="FileSave" onAction="LoadFormForSnapShot"/>
        <button id="button2" label="Config Management (CMFS)" isDefinitive="true" insertBeforeMso="FileSave" onAction="LoadForm"/>
      </backstage>
    </customUI>

Why i can not display these buttons before the save button (FileSave) only in the Visio 2013 ( In other office products it is displaying) ?

Could you please advice.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 9:32 AM

Answers

• Hi somaSundaram,

Can you reproduce this issue using Custom UI Editor to inser the ribbbon XML to custom the document? The XML works well for me.

If you can reproduce this issue, please repair the Visio application to see whether the issue was fixed. If not, I suggest that you develop an VSTO add-in since it is a new techneloge for the Office customization and it works well for me.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by SomaSundaram R Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:40 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:50 AM

All replies

• Hello Soma,

Do you get any UI errors?

See How to: Show Add-in User Interface Errors for more information.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 9:44 AM
  • I have created shared add-in for office 2013 (powerpoint, word, visio and project). The visibility of the newly created button is looking fine in the backstage view except in Visio 2013.

About the display in all other products as expected:
     File --> Info, New, Open, Create SnapShot (CMFS), Config Management (CMFS), Save, SaveAs etc

But in the Visio it is looking under new menu item (Add-In):
     File --> Info, New, Open, Save, SaveAs etc... ....... Account, Option, Add-Ins (under this) --> Create SnapShot (CMFS), Config Management (CMFS)

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 9:57 AM
  • i am not getting any errors. Also could not find the option "add-in user interface errors".
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 11:41 AM
  • Hi somaSundaram,

Can you reproduce this issue using Custom UI Editor to inser the ribbbon XML to custom the document? The XML works well for me.

If you can reproduce this issue, please repair the Visio application to see whether the issue was fixed. If not, I suggest that you develop an VSTO add-in since it is a new techneloge for the Office customization and it works well for me.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by SomaSundaram R Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:40 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:50 AM
  • Is your add-in loaded in Visio? Did you have a chance to check out the list of COM add-ins?
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:27 AM
  • Yes. It is working now after repairing the Visio. Is the Custom UI Editor is official product. Can you please give me the downloadable link for the same.

Thank you for the tip: Fei Xue :-)

Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:44 AM
  • Hi somaSundaram,

Office custom UI editor is a tool to edit the Office custom UI XML part in the Open XML file format. This tool is recommend by Microsoft, you can get more detail about it from link below:
    Customizing the Office 2010 Backstage View for Developers

And you can download the tool fromlink below:
    Updated version of the Custom UI Editor Tool

Regards & Fei

Friday, September 11, 2015 1:48 AM