none
Search does not work for anonymous users in SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a sharepoint site collection with 2 defined zones, default for internal users access and internet zone for external users.

the search page is working fine and pulls results for all internal users using the internal url.

the search page for external users they can view it but when you hit enter to search in the results.aspx i am getting correllation error.

This is what i found in the SP log file:

"SPException The current user does not have permissions to create a query Properties search anonymous user"

I have 2 urls-zones:

http://sharepoint2013/   --> default zone

http://sharepoint2013.company.com  --> internet zone

The site is configured with Alternate Access mapping for anonymous users in the internet zone but the correlation error happens only when you search in the results.aspx

any ideas ?

Mostafa Elzoghbi

Thursday, March 6, 2014 2:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Detailed Error in the SharePoint Log file:

SPException: The current user does not have permissions to create a QueryProperties template from "querygroup://webroot/Pages/results.aspx?groupname=Default"

at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SearchExecutor.ExecuteQuery(Query query)

any help is highly appreciated.

Mostafa Elzoghbi

Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:31 PM
  • Hi Mostafa,

If you are using a team site, by default search on Team site with default value will be prompted for credentials since it is designed for intranet use.  If you would anonymous users access Search results successfully, then you should configure it manually.

Per GuYuming’s test in the link: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/729e3b08-9ece-4e35-ad97-dbc21f22c1ad/anonymouse-user-cannot-search-in-sharepoint-2010?forum=sharepointgeneralprevious , you could try as he said. Or create a search center site and set the search center site to allow anonymous access.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 10, 2014 9:09 AM
  • Hi,

I get the below error when trying to configure search center for anonymous user.

Even i have the QueryPropertiesTemplate library and Queryparametertemplate.xml at the site collection level and annonymous enabled at webapplication level, site collection level and site level. i Also understand Sharepoint Search 2013 by default doesn't support annonymous users.

For the first request i am getting the search results and if i click the vertical navigation like

"Everything" or "People" etc. i get the error with correlation ID.

I got the below information from log..

SocialRESTExceptionProcessingHandler.DoServerExceptionProcessing - SharePoint Server Exception [Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The current user does not have permissions to create a QueryProperties template from "querygroup://webroot/Pages/results.aspx?groupname=Default".     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.ResultsWebPartQueryPropertiesTemplateBuilder.Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.IQueryPropertiesTemplateBuilder.CheckPermissions()     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SearchExecutor.OverlaySafeQueryPropertiesTemplate(Query query)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SearchExecutor.PreExecuteQuery(Query query)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SearchExecutor.ExecuteQuery(Query query)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SearchExecutor.ExecuteQueries(Dictionary`2 queries, Boolean handleExceptions)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SearchExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass16.<ExecuteQueries_Client>b__14()     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SearchExecutor.RunWithRemoteAPIsPermission[T](Func`1 f)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SearchExecutor.ExecuteQueries_Client(String[] queryIds, Query[] queries, Boolean handleExceptions)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SearchExecutorServerStub.ExecuteQueries_MethodProxy(SearchExecutor target, XmlNodeList xmlargs, ProxyContext proxyContext)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SearchExecutorServerStub.InvokeMethod(Object target, String methodName, XmlNodeList xmlargs, ProxyContext proxyContext, Boolean& isVoid)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ServerStub.InvokeMethodWithMonitoredScope(Object target, String methodName, XmlNodeList args, ProxyContext proxyContext, Boolean& isVoid)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientMethodsProcessor.InvokeMethod(Object obj, String methodName, XmlNodeList xmlargs, Boolean& isVoid)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientMethodsProcessor.ProcessMethod(XmlElement xe)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientMethodsProcessor.ProcessOne(XmlElement xe)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientMethodsProcessor.ProcessStatements(XmlNode xe)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientMethodsProcessor.ProcessExceptionHandlingScope(XmlElement xe)]

Shankar

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:38 AM
  • SocialRESTExceptionProcessingHandler.DoServerExceptionProcessing - SharePoint Server Exception [Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The current user does not have permissions to create a QueryProperties template from "querygroup://webroot/Pages/results.aspx?groupname=Default"

Shankar

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:59 AM
  • I have the same Issue on my SharePoint Installtion. Do you have any News how do fix the Problem?
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:40 PM
  • I also have the EXACT issue you are experiencing.  No resolution I know of seems to work.  Have you figured out a solution to this issue yet?
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:42 PM
  • I have the same issue. It is only occurring in a single subsite. I can recreate the same content search web part on the same page layout in any other subsite and it works fine. Permissions all appear to be the same on all subsites. This is just a public facing website.

I see same ULS errors as you've shown. Has anyone had any luck fixing this issue?

Andrew

Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:12 AM
  • Hi , Was this issue fixed ? I am also facing the same issue
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:05 PM
  • Hi , Was this issue fixed ? I am also facing the same issue

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:05 PM