none
Using different forms to show same data different ways RRS feed

• Question

• The list I have for a subsite contains data that has various uses depending on what stage a project is in.

In one stage, I want to show A, B, and C. But in another stage I want to show D, E and F which is all part of the same data source (list).

Is there a way I can show these data in different forms? If so, how? Or am I confined to using one form for all data because it's in the same subsite?

Thank you.

Taking it one day at a time.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:33 PM

All replies

• The easiest way is by creating views. Tag all your data(A,B,C,D,E,F etc.) with the stage names like stage1, stage2 etc.).

When the project is in Stage1, create to view to filter only Stage1 data and set that as default view. Follow the same for each stage.

ViviSP

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:40 PM
  • Thanks for quickly replying, friend.

I am new to views and tagging.

1. Can you explain these please? Or direct me to a source to provide the explanation?
    2. And is your solution going to filter out portions of the same form I use to only show what I want or will it allow me to direct the data to another form?

Taking it one day at a time.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:43 PM
  • Creating a column called Stage in the list

-Go to list settings

- Click on "Create a column" called Stages. Select the type as  "choice"

- In the list add the data A, B, C etc. and for each data provide the Stage information.

Create Views: Repeat for each stage.

- From the "List" tab, click on "Create View" link,

- Provide the Name and make it default view by checking the box.

- Scroll down to "Filter" section and choose the column as "Stage" and type the value as "Stage1"

This will filter only the Stage1 values from the list.

ViviSP

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:07 PM