none
Weekly summary alert- edited list items SP 2013

Question

• Hi all,

I've been banging my head against the wall with this one for a while now. My problem is the formatting of a weekly summary alert for edited items on a sharepoint 2013 list.

I have a view called 'For me' which lists all the items I am the manager off. I want to get a weekly summary of all the items that appear in 'For me' view and have been modified within a week. It is working fine but it lists items in a chronological order- not in 'per item' order, e.g.:

Item 1                                     Modified                       Modified By

15/02/15                              User 1

Title       John                     

Value    500

Item 2                                     Modified                       Modified By

14/02/15                              User 2

Title       Peter                    

Value    350

Item 1                                     Modified                       Modified By

17/02/15                              User 2

Title       John Kevin                         

Value    500 400

City        Chicago

And I want:

Item 1                                    

Modified                       Modified By

15/02/15                              User 1

Title       John                     

Value    500

Modified                       Modified By

17/02/15                              User 2

Title       John Kevin                         

Value    500 400

City        Chicago

Item 2                                     Modified                       Modified By

14/02/15                              User 2

Title       Peter                    

Value    350

Is there any simple way or a nice workaround to achieving this?

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 12:11 PM

All replies

• Did you try to group the view by item?

Cheers,

• Edited by Prasath C Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:24 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:24 AM
  • What do you mean, group the view by item? We are talking Weekly Summary Alert which is an e-mail sent by SharePoint to the users that have been subscribed to the alerts. We are not talking about displaying items in a view.

It is probably to do with modifying an alert templates in SharePoint hive folder but I do not know how to change the formatting so edited items in an alert e-mail body will be displayed 'per item' rather than 'per modification date'.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:50 AM