none
Does Lync PresenceIndicator Silverlight control work on Mac OS X running Lync client for Mac? RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot get the PresenceIndicator silverlight control to reflect my presence on the Mac.  I'm logged into the Mac Lync client as status "Available", but when I load up the local html page with the PresenceIndicator is shows Unknown Contact.  I have my sip hard-coded in the silverlight app.

Also, I cannot even get the Fabrikam example to work either with my sip hard-coded.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:36 PM

Answers

• Okay, after purchasing the ebook "Professional Unified Communications Development with Microsoft Lync Server 2010" I discovered ActiveX is used internally, so it only works on IE running in Windows:

When you use the Lync controls in a Silverlight application, an ActiveX control is used to provide an automation bridge between the controls and Lync. ActiveX is obviously only supported in Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that the Lync controls are currently only supported in Silverlight applications running in Internet Explorer.
    • Marked as answer by ejstembler Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:26 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:25 PM