wrong version after Update KB3191913 sharepoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every body

I install KB3191913 on sharepoint 2013 server ,recently. the version should be got by farm is 15.0.4927.1001

but after installing that package and execute configuration wizard My farm got this:15.0.4927.1000

there are different in revision number !!!! why???? I didn't have any problem during updating!!!!

I got version of farm by this command :(get-spfarm).buildversion

Would you please What can I do? Actually I checked out it on my test farm and I decide to install it on my main farm.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 8:49 AM

Answers

• Hi AvahitaHeidarnezhad,

The information we get by using PowerShell Command: (get-spfarm).buildversion is updated through the SharePoint configuration wizard after a SharePoint patch is installed.

And not all SharePoint patches update this information. Only those patches which include schema changes for the SharePoint config DB update this information.

To get the specific CU installed information, check Manage Patch Status in Central Administration->Upgrade and Migration-> Check product and Patch installation status.

More information refer to the article below:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/stefan_gossner/2016/08/23/sharepoint-does-not-have-a-build-version-full-stop/

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 1:55 AM

All replies

• Hi AvahitaHeidarnezhad,

The information we get by using PowerShell Command: (get-spfarm).buildversion is updated through the SharePoint configuration wizard after a SharePoint patch is installed.

And not all SharePoint patches update this information. Only those patches which include schema changes for the SharePoint config DB update this information.

To get the specific CU installed information, check Manage Patch Status in Central Administration->Upgrade and Migration-> Check product and Patch installation status.

More information refer to the article below:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/stefan_gossner/2016/08/23/sharepoint-does-not-have-a-build-version-full-stop/

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 1:55 AM
  • Hi ,Grace WR

That is exact answer. I studied that link you posted.I got the answers of  everythings that confused me a long times.

best regards

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 8:01 AM