none
The required version of SharePoint Foundation or SharePoint Server is not installed on this system. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am using sharepoint server 2019 (on-premise), and using Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition.

Now I am trying to create one "SharePoint 2019 - Empty Project" , but getting the below error.

Error: 

The required version of SharePoint Foundation or SharePoint Server is not installed on this system.

Anybody can u plz help me in the same.

Thanks,

Balaram

Friday, May 10, 2019 7:40 AM

All replies

• Hi

Do you run your Visual Studio in your SharePoint Server machine?

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Friday, May 10, 2019 8:40 AM

• NO, The sharepoint server is installed in different machine.

Friday, May 10, 2019 10:57 AM
  • Hi, 

To develop SharePoint farm solution, you need install Visual Studio in the server which SharePoint is installed.

We can develop SharePoint add-in solution in remote server.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/sharepoint-add-ins

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, May 13, 2019 1:43 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

You can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly.

You can also share your own solution here and mark it as answer, so it may help others who has similar requirement.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, May 17, 2019 7:49 AM