none
Changing workflows and remioving workflow phases - Project ramification RRS feed

• Question

• Greeting All,

I have a question, My company is currently using Project Online, and management has decided to change the current workflow being used. In addition, the decision has been made to remove 2 of the workflow phases which previously existed. My question(s) are as follows:

1. What are the ramifications to those projects that are currently in one of the phases scheduled for removal?
    2. Must I install the new workflow, restart the workflow for those project in a "to be deleted" phase and force those project to a new corresponding phase, and then remove the "to be deleted" phases?

I am fairly new to Project server / project online so any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

Monday, March 16, 2015 4:53 PM

All replies

• 2. Must I install the new workflow, restart the workflow for those project in a "to be deleted" phase and force those project to a new corresponding phase, and then remove the "to be deleted" phases?

Eugene,

Sounds like you have a have a pretty good handle on the situation - your number 2 option is precisely what I would do, however the new workflow must be careful to implement the "skip-to-stage" functionality in order to be able to use the "Change or restart workflow" feature.

Good luck,

James.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD -
    • Edited by James Boman Wednesday, March 18, 2015 3:12 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:32 PM