none
Can not Publish Workflow When I Define Workflow Lookup in Designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I published a workflow in SharePoint Designer 2010, but when I add a Define Workflow Lookup. This lookup gives me an error, when I attempt to publish. The Add does not give me an error. I have 13 Site Collections on the Server and it only happens for this site collection.

Data Source: Current Item

Field from source: Car Type field

If Current:Car Type field contains Honda

Add Read item Current Item

Thanks for the help,

Mike W

SharePoint Engineer - Mike

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike ,

What error information did you get?

To help you better, you can share errors, such as screenshots and so on.

Looking forward to your update on this issue.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Monday, September 16, 2019 9:11 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:35 AM
  • Hi ,

Has the problem been solved?

I'm still paying attention to this issue.

If you have any questions, you can update them at any time.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:51 AM
  • Hello Itch Sun,

Yes the issue has been resolved. Thanks

Mike W

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:35 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I'm glad to see you solve this problem.

You can share the problems you have and the way you solve them, and then mark your own responses as answer.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:08 AM
  • Hi ,

I'm still paying attention to this issue.

Looking forward to your update on this issue.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 9:08 AM
  • My apologies Itch,

We've been so busy on this Migration. The solution that worked for me is below. Don't forget to Create the Temp folder afterwards in C:Users/SPWebAppSvcs/AppData/Local/ 

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rodneyviana/2018/09/13/after-installing-net-security-patches-to-address-cve-2018-8421-sharepoint-workflows-stop-working/

Mike W

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:15 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for sharing.

You can mark your own reply as answer.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 1:24 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting in TechNet forum.

I'm very happy to see you solve this problem, here is a summary of this problem.

Issue Symptom:

Can not Publish Workflow When I Define Workflow Lookup in Designer.

Cause: 

Forget to Create the Temp folder afterwards in C:Users/SPWebAppSvcs/AppData/Local/ 

Solution:

Create the Temp folder afterwards.

Reference Links:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rodneyviana/2018/09/13/after-installing-net-security-patches-to-address-cve-2018-8421-sharepoint-workflows-stop-working/

Best regards

Itch Sun

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 2:22 AM