none
SharePoint 2013 Workflow App Step RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to use App Step to run the workflow with elevated permissions (would like to run as a service account instead of initiator but I don't think this is possible).  I had a requirement to lock items when a workflow is underway, but realized once I implemented this my workflow fails because it tries to use the initiator to write to the item (which it now can't).  So I'm trying to use App Step for the stages in the workflow that need write permissions to the items, but I cannot get it to work.  I followed this guideline: https://dev.office.com/sharepoint/docs/general-development/create-a-workflow-with-elevated-permissions-by-using-the-sharepoint-workflo

I now initiate a workflow on an item, it locks the item (Start 2010 workflow to strip permissions), but then fails at the first stage even though I've wrapped it in the App Step (as if it's still trying to use the initiator for this stage).  Any ideas, suggestions?

Edit - When I run it as a site owner (which doesn't get permissions stripped), you can see created by 'Workflow' on behalf of Admin.  So that appears to be correct, but then when running as a site member (contribute permissions), the workflow fails at the App step stage (Unauthorized error).
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 6:02 PM

All replies