none
SharePoint Workflow event handling RRS feed

• Question

• I need help with SharePoint Workflows!

I have a workflow that collects signatures from an assigned group.  The group members each have the option to either sign the document through the workflow form(InfoPath) or through a web part in SharePoint.  If the group member signs the document through the workflow-no problem-the workflow does it's thing and completes.  The problem is that if the group member signs the document through the web part the workflow will still be active in their task list.  I need a way to "wake-up" the workflow when the doucment is updated.  I tried using the listenActivity and added a onWorkflowItemUpdated action in one branch, then my onWorkflowUpdated action on the other.  However, the workflow stalls at the listenActivity when the task is updated and will not catch the file update event.  How do I register the event listener so that the workflow executes either of these two branches?  

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 6:48 PM

All replies

•  Hi,

Can you please let me know if this problem still persists. From what I can understand you are having a problem with the listen activity not being able to get the proper events when the workflow is updated or the task is completed. If you are still having this problem le tme know.

Thanks

Pravin Indurkar

Monday, April 16, 2007 11:44 PM