none
SharePoint: Calculated Column and Comparing to other Column Input RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I need to compare the answer in a calculated column to the answer in another column that is entered by an individual.

Example:

1a: YEs

2a: calculated column that outputs Yes

When I've done an IF statement to compare, it always shows the false or No Match as I believe it is comparing the YEs to the formula used in 2a.

I've attempted to do an IF statement comparing 1a to the full equation in 2a assuming it would compare the 1a answer to the output from the 2a equation, but still it is a negative.

Any Ideas. I can provide my equation, but it is quite the nested IF so I think it may just add to confusion.

• Edited by Krilpa Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:32 PM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Krilpa,

You can try this:

=IF([YesNoFieldA]=TRUE,"Print Some Text","Print some other text")

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 15, 2019 2:59 AM
  • Thanks ITch.

So 1a and 2a can either be a Yes or a No depending on the input enter in 1a and the calculated output of 2a based on the info it is reviewing.

So I always need to know if the 2 match and Yes is not always the answer to both. It could be a No No and that would be a match.

Friday, November 15, 2019 3:24 PM
  • Hi Krilpa,

In order to help you better,  you can share equations or screenshots.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, November 18, 2019 8:30 AM