Welcome to Office 365 APIs | Microsoft Docs
Skip to main content

Office 365 APIs

This site contains the documentation for Office 365 REST APIs exposed on the OneNote and Outlook endpoints. The documentation is no longer actively updated. It is here for your reference, in case you have already included any of the API in your project.

Office 365 services, such as OneNote, Outlook, Excel, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, Planner, and SharePoint, are now exposed in Microsoft Graph. Microsoft Graph is a unified API endpoint for accessing data across Microsoft 365, which includes Office 365, Enterprise Mobility, and Security and Windows services. It provides a simplified developer experience, with one endpoint and a single authentication token that gives your app access to data across all these services.

Our recommendation:

  • If you are starting a new app, please use Microsoft Graph.
  • If you are maintaining an existing project, use this documentation set for reference. In addition, plan your move to the latest APIs in Microsoft Graph to take advantage of all the new functionality and innovation there.
  • If you are adding new functionality to an existing project, integrate that new functionality by using Microsoft Graph.

With Microsoft Graph, you can access Office 365 data and more, from solutions across mobile, web, and desktop platforms. So whether you're building web applications by using .NET, PHP, Java, Python, or Ruby on Rails, or creating apps for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), iOS, Android, or on another device platform, it's your choice.

In this section

 locked
Occasional display problems when loading Excel sheets from OneDrive RRS feed

  • Question

  • We have embedded two Excel sheets on our homepage using OneDrive in combination with Excel Services API ECMAScript. The sheets are most of the times displayed correctly however sometimes the sheets load incorrectly. It looks like regional settings are what is causing this problem (or at least it's part of the problem) as changing the regional settings of the browser (Chrome) or Windows (IE) do change the behavior about 90% of the time. However the other 10% doesn't affect the way the sheet is displayed.

    I included the screenshots of the correct template and a template that failed to load correctly. It happens more often when using ECMAScripts than when embedding it using an iframe. However I've also seen it happen when an Iframe was used.

    Another strange thing is that logging into OneDrive occasionally triggers this problem with one of the sheets (the other loads without any problems), but then when logging off from OneDrive then the behavior switches. Really strange.

    I was wondering if anyone can help me out to locate the exact problem and help me fix this issue or atleast come into contact with the people responsible for this part of OneDrive integration to see if we pinpoint the problem (or bug?).

    Sheet that is displayed correctly:

    Good

    Sheet that doesn't display correctly:

    Wrong

    Friday, June 5, 2015 12:59 PM
Welcome to Office 365 APIs | Microsoft Docs
Skip to main content

Office 365 APIs

This site contains the documentation for Office 365 REST APIs exposed on the OneNote and Outlook endpoints. The documentation is no longer actively updated. It is here for your reference, in case you have already included any of the API in your project.

Office 365 services, such as OneNote, Outlook, Excel, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, Planner, and SharePoint, are now exposed in Microsoft Graph. Microsoft Graph is a unified API endpoint for accessing data across Microsoft 365, which includes Office 365, Enterprise Mobility, and Security and Windows services. It provides a simplified developer experience, with one endpoint and a single authentication token that gives your app access to data across all these services.

Our recommendation:

  • If you are starting a new app, please use Microsoft Graph.
  • If you are maintaining an existing project, use this documentation set for reference. In addition, plan your move to the latest APIs in Microsoft Graph to take advantage of all the new functionality and innovation there.
  • If you are adding new functionality to an existing project, integrate that new functionality by using Microsoft Graph.

With Microsoft Graph, you can access Office 365 data and more, from solutions across mobile, web, and desktop platforms. So whether you're building web applications by using .NET, PHP, Java, Python, or Ruby on Rails, or creating apps for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), iOS, Android, or on another device platform, it's your choice.

In this section