none
My first workflow. Is this possible with SPD? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am in the process of creating one of my first workflows for a customer.

Not having a great deal of experience with them, and having fairly limited knowledge I figure it would be best to ask the experts :)

I have uploaded an image of the required workflow to http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9104/workflow.gif

Basically there are 3 workflows: one for new documents, updated documents and "deleted" documents.

They look fairly straight forward (apart from the "deleting" of documents in which they are just moved to a hidden library instead of being physically deleted).

Is anyone able to tell me if they would be possible to implement "out of the box" with SharePoint designer and the best way to go about it? Or would it require customer .NET programming to accomplish what they are after?

Any help or advice would be muchly appreciated as I am trying to get as much knowledge as possible and it would be great if you could point me in the right direction or offer any tips on similar workflows you may have implemented :)

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers
    Monday, October 12, 2009 1:39 AM

Answers

• Your first workflow can be done using the out of the box Approval workflow.  This would also require some configuration, ie: you'd have to start the workflow on new item activated.  You'd have to check the box for allow review, etc.

Your second workflow really is exactly the same as the first  in which case, all you would do is have the workflow also run on item changed.

Your third workflow however would require SPD.

Kevin
    • Marked as answer by WDM123 Friday, October 23, 2009 12:25 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2009 2:02 PM

All replies

• Your first workflow can be done using the out of the box Approval workflow.  This would also require some configuration, ie: you'd have to start the workflow on new item activated.  You'd have to check the box for allow review, etc.

Your second workflow really is exactly the same as the first  in which case, all you would do is have the workflow also run on item changed.

Your third workflow however would require SPD.

Kevin
    • Marked as answer by WDM123 Friday, October 23, 2009 12:25 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2009 2:02 PM
  • Awesome, thanks so much for the response Kevin. I really appreciate it mate :)
    Friday, October 23, 2009 12:25 AM