none
Office Add-Ins - “show as saved image” functionality RRS feed

• Question

• I have an embedded Office content type add-in on several slides of a PowerPoint presentation. I need to make this add-in as an image (read-only) on all the slides. The manual way to do this is by opening the context menu (top right) of the add-in and selecting 'Show as Saved Image'. But this is a very tedious process as this will have to be done individually on each slide. My user has asked to develop a feature to perform this operation in a single step.

I am not able to find any solution or method in Office API to implement the "show as saved image" feature for all slides in one go. Any suggestions, pointers or insights will really help.

Thanks!

Monday, November 9, 2015 8:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, there is no such API we can automate the process of clicking "show as saved image". This button is provided by the pane and the Office API is used to interact with Office documents.

As a workaround, we can disable the controls on the web page by default and left one button to enable all buttons. And if you still want the Office add-ins to support this feature in API, I suggest that you try to submit the feedback from link below:

Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, there is no such API we can automate the process of clicking "show as saved image". This button is provided by the pane and the Office API is used to interact with Office documents.

As a workaround, we can disable the controls on the web page by default and left one button to enable all buttons. And if you still want the Office add-ins to support this feature in API, I suggest that you try to submit the feedback from link below:

Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:01 AM
  • Thanks for your response and also for suggesting the workaround. It gave me a direction to think. I definitely believe this should be included as an API feature. Will submit the feedback in the link you shared.

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 4:00 PM
  • Another workaround that I could think of is to save the Powerpoint ppt as a PDF file. But is there a way to do this using the Office API in code?

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:59 PM
  • >>But is there a way to do this using the Office API in code?<<

No. The Office add-ins is different with Office object model which could be used automate the Office application. The Office add-ins normally used to interact the data in the Office documents.

You can learn more detail about Office add-ins from link below:
    Office Add-ins platform overview

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 6:37 AM
  • Thank you! Appreciate your response. I understand the use of office add-ins. I just wanted to see if I could apply the 'Show As Saved Image' feature (provided by Microsoft) to all the Content Add-ins in my document in a single click. I would like to know if there is a way to do this either directly or through code.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:21 PM
  • Hi there, I am searching for the same thing.

Our users are embedding content which may be not availible offline.

So this would be a solution...

Any chances to do this by code?

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 2:20 PM