none
Microsoft.Sharepoint.Publishing.dll missing a few classes? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

It seems that when I add the Microsoft.Sharepoint.Publishing.dll.

It seems to be missing a few classes? Specifically, for example, SummarLinksWebpart among others.

t

It's weird because I have some, such as ContentByQueryWebpart.

Can anyone help me?

I am using Sharepoint Server 2013, and I have publishing infrastructure enabled.

thank you!

Thursday, August 8, 2013 10:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

try to remove the reference and add reference to "Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.dll" again. Then try to access "Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.SummaryLinkWebPart" again. maybe create a test project (console application), add the reference and try again. I verified and it works completely fine.

Narahari

******If a post answers/helps your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and/or "Vote as Helpful*******

Friday, August 9, 2013 6:12 AM

All replies

• Sorry, where are you adding this DLL?

Thursday, August 8, 2013 5:00 PM
  • Hi Jason,

I am adding it as a reference to my Visual Studio 2012 solution.

Then I try to access Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls, then SummaryLinkWebPart for example. It doesn't find it under that. But according to msdn, it's supposed to be.

Because what I want to do is deploy a SummaryLink Webpart from Visual Studio.

Thanks!

• Edited by WATER004 Friday, August 9, 2013 1:55 AM
    Friday, August 9, 2013 1:43 AM
  • Hi,

try to remove the reference and add reference to "Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.dll" again. Then try to access "Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.SummaryLinkWebPart" again. maybe create a test project (console application), add the reference and try again. I verified and it works completely fine.

Narahari

******If a post answers/helps your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and/or "Vote as Helpful*******

Friday, August 9, 2013 6:12 AM
  • Is SharePoint installed on your development machine?

Friday, August 9, 2013 12:46 PM
  • Hi Narahari,

Ok I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hi Jason,

Yes, SharePoint is installed (SharePoint server 2013).

Thanks!

Friday, August 9, 2013 2:28 PM