none
With a outlook custom Add-In, When a custom task pane is open, 'delete' key doesnt work on a outlook folder mail item. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem as described in: "Outlook 210 - VSTO- WPF Hosting Issue" thread in this forum.

We are developing a Addin for outlook . With a custom task pane open in outlook, when you press "delete" key to delete mail items in outlook folders, it doesnt work.  When you press on a different folder and then come back to this folder to delete the item, it works.. similarly delete works when you switch context to a different application(alt+tab ) and then come back too.

Can you please:

1)Officially confirm if this a MS bug that will be fixed.

2)Please provide an official review/feedback for this behavior as experienced by many developers as well.

Thanks,

Sangeetha

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Sangeetha,

I assume you work with Outlook 2010 + Visual Studio 2010 SP1, otherwise, please let me know.

The issue has been confirmed as a bug in Outlook 2010 + VS 2010 SP1, the fix is in Outlook 2013. Would you consider Office upgrade? If no, I know below workaround:

Deactivate Outlook by switch focus to elsewhere, then switch back to Outlook

Does this sound make sense?

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:52 AM
  • Hello Sangeetha, are you able to apply the workaround?

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:07 AM