none
disable VSTO document extension RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i need to write ribbon addin in Ms Word.

But my addin will be use on documents with custom vsto.

I attached link example document.

In my addin I want to check if this custom addin exist in word document (by name,

or guid) and disabling it on opening document event.

Can you provide mi some example code, how i can do it.

best regards

Łukasz

Link to template with custom vsto which i want to disable: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AodoG-b7P0pXi_ojh8DfnaSoVWLXeg

You need to download a file.

Friday, July 20, 2018 12:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Łukasz,

Did you mean that you want to disable some specific document-level VSTO customization in a application-level add-in?

AFAIK, there is no such method we can disable the document-level customization. The Office application will check whether the document has customization association and load it if there is. You can refer the figure like below:

If you want VSTO support this scenario, you may submit the feedback from link below:

Welcome to the Office Developer Platform suggestion box!

Regards & Fei 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 23, 2018 9:16 AM
  • Hello rojas,

I think there is no method for an applicatioin-level add-in to check if the custom addin exist in word document and disable it on opening document event.When you create an add-in project , the code in your solution runs when the associated application is open. Unlike document-level projects, your code is not associated with a single document.

Best Regards,

Yuki

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:59 AM
  • Do I understand correctly? You have two add-ins, one with a Ribbon and one created using VSTO? Is the VSTO "Add-in" an Add-in or a custom document (is the code attached to a document or is it active for the entire Word application)?

And is it correct that the two shouldn't run in-parallel?

What technology was used for the Ribbon add-in?

Cindy Meister, Office Developer/Word MVP, <a href="http://blogs.msmvps.com/wordmeister"> my blog</a>

Monday, July 30, 2018 4:33 PM